- Warm weather coming – promise: You start shedding layers of clothing as summer approaches, and your skin will look better and feel smoother without unwanted hair in unwanted places.
- Sooner begun, sooner done: It takes six to eight laser treatments, spaced about four weeks apart (eight week spacing for legs and backs) to achieve clearance of unwanted hair in a given area. If you start in February, by Memorial Day you will have half the desired hair gone! Start the first week in February, and by the end of June you will have had five treatments — three if you chose legs or back!
- Give up Proven Failures: You are tired of tweezing, shaving, waxing and threading – all of which guarantee that the hair will grow back, and require frequent treatments. Only electrolysis and laser have FDA clearance to give you permanent hair removal. And while our LaserLight lasers can permanently disable gobs of hair follicles in each pulse, electrolysis requires delivering a galvanic shock to one hair at a time, making it painful and very tedious.
- Results Matter: Year after year, our clients have voted LaserLight Best of the Best for Laser Hair Removal in its region. Do you want your body treated with our 12 years of experience, ongoing laser training, and Certified Laser Technician credentials? Or will you settle for someone with inferior equipment and little formal training or experience?
- Act fast, pay less: If you buy your starting laser hair removal package in February, you can get a one-time, 50 percent off deal! No group coupons to keep track of, no long drive or trip to a place you know little about – and no worries about getting a sub-par treatment because the facility cuts corners to offset 90 percent discounts. Even if you get big savings at LaserLight, we believe that you get a great deal only if you get our very best in service!
Anticipating that many of you will be out of the area starting in mid-August,
we reserved a number of appointments in July and August for you to use your
LaserLight Gift Certificates. Act now — don’t miss out! If you book in the next
few days, there is enough time for you to get one or two more
Laser Treatments before you go off to college.
your appointment: 781-871-2224
1. Buy any 4-treatment Laser Hair Removal package, and get a FREE SKIN
REJUVENATION treatment to even the texture and tone of your skin, and to remove
imperfections such as brown spots, small capillaries, scars and wrinkles.
Free treatment value: $50 – $100
2. Buy a Laser Skin Rejuvenation Package or Single treatment exceeding $250*, and
get a FREE LASER HAIR REMOVAL treatment on a small area (such as upper lip or
chin, lower abdomen center strip, neck, underarms, or toes)
Free treatment value: $50 – $150
REMEMBER– OUR LASER TREATMENT PACKAGES
INCLUDE A 20% OFF DISCOUNT!
Dealing with peer pressure is part of the teen years. Whether you’re a young girl with excess body hair who is sensitive about your appearance, or an athlete or model for whom hair removal can make the difference between success and failure, you may be wondering if laser treatments are a safe option for teenagers.
The answer is yes, if properly performed by an experienced, well-trained and certified professional. Although those under age 18 require the presence of a parent on the first consultation and written consent from a parent, the risks of laser hair removal for them are the same as for an adult adult – and with the right laser and the teenager adhering to a good aftercare regimen, they are reduced even further. You should discuss these risks, which are very rare, with your laser professional..
Consider the alternatives. Shaving can cause “shaving bumps” or ingrown hairs. Cream depilatories can cause chemical burns, and waxing requires the hair to be grown out first — which misses the whole point of hair removal. In contrast, laser hair removal is safe no matter which areas are being treated, since the laser does not pass beyond the second layer of skin (dermis) where the hair follicles are located. Because laser treatments use non-ionizing energy, there is no risk of skin cancer. (Tanning beds are far riskier!)
The accepted minimum age to begin laser hair removal can be as young as 14 years old, although most experts recommend waiting until the teen is through puberty and, if female, has begun her menstrual cycle. Females should be hormonally stable and should not have medical conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
It’s important to realize, however, that results may be very temporary in the early teen years, since hormones are changing so rapidly that hair growth is rampant. More treatments than usual will likely be needed, resulting in higher costs. (You might want to look for a laser hair removal provider who offers reduced pricing for teens — but again, check their experience and credentials.) Once hormones have regulated (usually between ages 17 and 19), treatments are much more effective and permanent.
Also, the teen must be mature enough to deal with any discomfort during the procedure, and be disciplined enough to maintain the treatment schedule. It’s essential that he or she is responsible enough to comply with pre- and post-treatment instructions, such as using an effective sun block and limiting strenuous exercise for a few days after treatment.
The teen years are an important time for building self-esteem. If insecurities about your body are causing you unhappiness, talk with your parents about whether laser treatment is right for you.