- Warm weather coming – promise: You start shedding layers of clothing as summer approaches, and your skin will look better and feel smoother without unwanted hair in unwanted places.
- Sooner begun, sooner done: It takes six to eight laser treatments, spaced about four weeks apart (eight week spacing for legs and backs) to achieve clearance of unwanted hair in a given area. If you start in February, by Memorial Day you will have half the desired hair gone! Start the first week in February, and by the end of June you will have had five treatments — three if you chose legs or back!
- Give up Proven Failures: You are tired of tweezing, shaving, waxing and threading – all of which guarantee that the hair will grow back, and require frequent treatments. Only electrolysis and laser have FDA clearance to give you permanent hair removal. And while our LaserLight lasers can permanently disable gobs of hair follicles in each pulse, electrolysis requires delivering a galvanic shock to one hair at a time, making it painful and very tedious.
- Results Matter: Year after year, our clients have voted LaserLight Best of the Best for Laser Hair Removal in its region. Do you want your body treated with our 12 years of experience, ongoing laser training, and Certified Laser Technician credentials? Or will you settle for someone with inferior equipment and little formal training or experience?
- Act fast, pay less: If you buy your starting laser hair removal package in February, you can get a one-time, 50 percent off deal! No group coupons to keep track of, no long drive or trip to a place you know little about – and no worries about getting a sub-par treatment because the facility cuts corners to offset 90 percent discounts. Even if you get big savings at LaserLight, we believe that you get a great deal only if you get our very best in service!
Do you really know what you are getting when you purchase one of the deeply discounted “deals” that a number of companies host and promote through emails? They offer some number of laser treatments (usually six these days), claiming the price to be as much as 90 percent off.
Great for consumers … right? Maybe. But a wise buyer would ask a few questions before forking over hard-earned money (to say nothing of the time invested to get the treatments):
- Is the treatment the same as when you pay full price?
- Do they do as many passes over the area?
- Do they use optimal (or sub-standard) energy levels when treating a client with a “deal” voucher?
- Do you get the same preparatory consult as a full-price paying client?
- Do you get the same aftercare instruction and training, or the same aftercare lotions?
I saw one such deal recently and decided to dissect it for you — using the “value” and specific areas included that they defined. Some of it was downright comical. The merchant offered an “up to 90% off” discount for six treatments, based on three different size areas:
- $139 for six laser hair removal treatments on a small area (a $1,260 value)
- $269 for six laser hair removal treatments on a medium area (a $2,400 value)
- $369 for six laser hair removal treatments on a large area (a $3,600 value)
The fine print seemed reasonable: Expires 180 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person … and right there we found the first joke. You could pay $369 ($61.50 each) for six leg treatments, but unless you started scheduling them immediately, then 180 days is not enough time to fit in six treatments! (The waiting period between legs is 8 – 10 weeks for best results and the biggest bang for your buck, based on known hair growth cycles.)
So what about the other leg? You do want a matched set, don’t you? Since they limit one deal per person, and six leg treatments are a $3,600 value (see above), then you would have to pay $600 per treatment for your other leg! And don’t think that you can divide the six treatments between your left and right legs; the fine print says: Must use all treatments on the same area.
For comparison, at LaserLight you pay $480 for one treatment on both legs as a standard price. While that calculates to $240 per leg, we typically do not offer to remove the hair from only one leg — unless special circumstances require it. All told, if you got six treatments on both legs at LaserLight, you would pay almost $1100 less than you would to get both done under this “deal.”
Hands or fingers, considered small areas for which you pay $139, do not fare well under this program, either – most people who have hair on their hands have it on their fingers as well, and vice versa. Purchase the deal, and you pay $23+ per treatment – but at a “value” of $1260, you would have to pay about $1,000 more than what LaserLight charges for six hair removal treatments for hands and fingers. If you can be happy with half your hands smooth and hairless and the other half hairy enough to comb, go for the deal.
Beyond the cost, what else do the purveyors of these “deals” omit from their standard treatments so as to make up for the deep discount they offer? First, do they use Certified Laser Technicians to perform the treatment, and do they use energy levels that are sufficient to get results for your skin type?
At LaserLight (where you will ALWAYS get treated by a certified and knowledgeable technician, whether we get paid $1 or full price for a treatment), you get the very best service and energy levels adequate to give you real and permanent hair reduction. We also cover the area with two passes with the laser, to ensure the best outcome. Even prior to your treatment you get a complete FREE consult, pre- and post-treatment, to ensure that you are comfortable, knowledgeable, and able to care for the treated area post-treatment. We believe that it is not a deal if you do not get the best we have to offer.
Finally, are you a person who has the time to chase down these deals? How far do you have to drive to get there and back? Do you calculate into the cost of the treatment the amount for the gas you use, or the parking fees if you go into a city location? Do you calculate the cost for your time? (Refer to LaserLight’s ROI — Return on Investment – page at http://laserlightskin.com/laser-hair-removal/cost-analysis.) For example, if your annual salary is $75,000, your estimated “hourly” rate would be about $30.50. So if you have to drive an hour (each way), then add $61 to the cost of each treatment.
Having said that, we regularly draw customers from as far away as Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. They cite the knowledge share that we provide to our clients, and the privacy: we do not fill our waiting room with people waiting for appointments, so that we can make up for the dollars we lose on the “deal” with volume, or fast turnaround.
We recommend that you research the provider of the deal before you buy, and make sure that you are getting what you expect for your money — in terms of expert treatment and education, and in terms of effectiveness. And finally, if you are unsatisfied with the results you get, please call LaserLight to complete the hair removal for you. Many others before you have done so.
Two new clients recently validated my decision to purchase new laser equipment, in ways that left me absolutely humbled and inspired. Both had come in for a photofacial treatment to improve the tone and texture of their skin — and without using their real names, I share their stories to stir you, too.
During the consult with the first, Jesse, I mentioned plans for the new, non-ablative skin resurfacing laser. “Your clients will love this laser,” she said. “One of my old friends has this same laser, and treated the red, raised scar on my face.” Jesse drew a line with her finger from just below the inside corner of her left eye, down and across her cheek to her jawbone. “I had been kicked by a horse, and this scar looked horrible for six years,” she said.
I could not see a scar, even when I squinted. When I picked my jaw up off the floor, Jesse grinned and repeated, “… Yeah, it used to be really red and raised and jagged.”
When the second new client, Theresa, heard of LaserLight’s new laser, she asked if it would do anything for the mastectomy scar and radiation burn scars that she had. I wanted to cry: not only had this very young woman suffered through the terror that a cancer diagnosis brings, she also had to endure disfiguring treatments to cure it. I asked her to serve as a model when the laser nurse/trainer came in to up-skill our staff on the new laser, and this courageous woman agreed to let us evaluate the potential for LaserLight’s treatments to improve her condition. We used the fractional laser to rebuild the collagen under and around her very neat but still visible surgical scar, as well as rebuilding it to smooth out the dimpled area at the surgical site. We then used our Intense Pulsed Light system to begin removing the discolorations she had in the area.
You do not have to have trauma scars to improve your looks using LaserLight’s new technology and expertise. In addition to these two clients, we have helped some women and a few men to reduce (and eventually eliminate) acne scars and get rid of forehead wrinkles and between-the-eyes wrinkles (called “elevens,” or sometimes “anger lines”). We can smooth out “crow’s feet” at the sides of the eyes, tighten the “marionette” folds alongside your mouth, and fill in those annoying little channels above your upper lip that seems to draw your lipstick into little spikes.
For two of our middle-aged clients, we have already scheduled a second treatment to get rid of stretch marks, and both said that they are “so excited to be wearing a bikini again!” Still others we can help to manage one of the most difficult aesthetic problems, melasma, also known as “mask of pregnancy,” for its characteristic brown appearance around the eyes and in other facial locations.
If you are among the millions who have scars, wrinkles and stretch marks that make you want to hide, call today to schedule your always-free consultation, and let us show how we can give you an appearance that is younger, clearer and smoother.
If you do not have any of these conditions, chances are you know someone who does. If you do not know how to gently refer them to the LaserLight services that can change their lives and/or the way they feel about themselves, call us for help with some wording choices. In addition to the reward you get for giving someone hope and help, don’t forget that you will get a $50 Laser Treatment Credit* for referring them!
* For referrals that become a paying client at less than $100, the earned credit is $25.