While we have taken a number of new steps to minimize an inadvertent exposure of our clients and ourselves while at the LaserLight facility, you, too can take a number of steps to likewise keep all of us as safe as possible.
We compiled the following list of instructions for you to follow even before you get into the treatment room — some even before you enter the facility.
The five primary objectives for these new instructions and guidelines include:
Limit the time spent in the facility. Limit interpersonal/close contact. Maintain social distancing. Provide extra time for enhanced sanitization between clients. Avoid altogether the chance of transferring the virus if you or we have symptoms.
These instructions come from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Mandatory Safety Standards for the Workplace, as well as the Reopening Massachusetts Guidelines, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and other federal, state and local regulations and best practices. Specifically:
1. Make an appointment in advance. Sometimes we can get you in on the same day, but we also need additional time after each client to sanitize before we can allow the next person to come inside.
2. Stay home if you don’t feel well on the day of your appointment! Call to let us know, and we will be very happy to reschedule your appointment when it is safe to treat you.
3. Wear a mask or other effective face covering. If your treatment is going to be on your face and you have to remove your mask, we will take additional steps to protect both of us.
4. The door will be locked when you arrive. To maintain social distancing and to limit to two the number of people who can be in the facility at any given time, we cannot allow people to wait inside. (Some exceptions may apply.)
5. Call us from your car or from the parking lot to let us know that you are here for your appointment. As soon as we have finished re-sanitizing after treating the client previous to you, we will call you and open the door for you.
6. Bring as little as possible into the facility, but bring your favorite sunscreen. On most days you can leave your coat in the car, and you can pre-write a check or bring cash. Although we will process a credit card (which you don’t need a purse to carry it), it increases the time and the surface touches that you make.
7. Once inside the doorway, we will provide you with hand sanitizer and escort you into the treatment room. You may bring unused PPE gloves if you feel the need to do so, but you will need to discard them. We will have gloves that we can give you.
8. At each visit we will ask you to complete and sign a healthcare checklist to confirm that you have been following the safety standards shown to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as social distancing, frequent handwashing, wearing face coverings, and so forth.
9. Remember that your safety and stopping the spread of the COVID-19 constitute the most important reasons for these cumbersome sounding instructions. However, also remember why you have chosen LaserLight in the first place: summer and the parties will eventually resume, and you want laser services from the place that makes the extra effort to give you the expert hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments to look your very best!
Click here to download these client entry guidelines.